Items posted on the main page are available for purchase unless otherwise indicated. If you'd like to purchase an item shown, send me a message indicating which country you live in and I'll quote you a shipping price. All payments are processed through Paypal only. If you're looking for a custom item, let me know the specifics and I'll quote you a total price. Custom items typically take 6 weeks to produce after payment is received. Keep this in mind when asking for custom orders.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Project Runway Fashion and Figure Drawing Set

I like to do more than sew. I like to design. I mostly design clothing, but I will occasionally design other items. I usually just use a pencil and a sketch pad when designing dresses and other garments, but this isn't always an easy thing to do for a beginner. In fact, a creative friend of mine wanted to begin designing, but she needed a little more help than pen and paper could provide.

Imagine my delight when I came across the Project Runway Fashion and Figure Drawing Set. This set, which comes with a 12" wooden mannequin, also has step-by-step instructions for designing the garments of your dreams. In addition, it comes complete with paper, colored pencils, and eraser, and a sharpening paddle. In a word, it's perfect for the budding designer.

My friend certainly loves it and is using it to learn to design. It can also be used by younger children. I would recommend it for anyone under the age of 8 years, and certainly not for under 3 years due to small parts (choking hazards, you know). If you're looking for a product that helps you learn a little about fashion design, this should be on your list.