Items posted on the main page are available for purchase unless otherwise indicated. If you'd like to purchase an item shown, send me a message indicating which country you live in and I'll quote you a shipping price. All payments are processed through Paypal only. If you're looking for a custom item, let me know the specifics and I'll quote you a total price. Custom items typically take 6 weeks to produce after payment is received. Keep this in mind when asking for custom orders.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Steadying Sewing Spools

Have you ever bought thread spools with a center hole too large to fit on your spool holder? Well, I did. The colors I needed didn't come in the size that would fit my holder. When using these spools, they rattle all over the place and sometimes even fly off the machine. A quick fix was certainly in order.

I had two options. I could do as a friend of mine suggested and unroll the entire spool then reroll it on a spool that fits. I keep the old spools for my children to use in their many craft projects, so I had plenty of spools around. However, even using the machine, this would take a while and I'd have to do it again every time I purchase this particular sized spool. Not my idea of a good time.

Instead, I hit the craft store and went immediately to the wooden beads section, spool firmly in hand. After a little trial and error, I found a bead that fit snugly into the thread center hole. An electric drill helped me to drill a hole though the center of the bead to fit the spool holder perfectly. The best thing? I'm keeping the beads. Next time I have to buy that sized spool, I'll have a bead all ready to go.